IN MIXTO GENERE Ensemble-on-authentic-instruments
- Anna Ioffe – baroque and modern violin, viola d’amore, soprano, arranger
- Natalie Rotenberg – harpsichord, positive, piano, soprano, composer
- Alina Keitlin – baroque and modern violin, viola, mezzo-soprano, composer
- Alexander Hamburg – guitar, vocal, composer
- Raphael Rivkin – bass-guitar, viola, violin, arranger
“Rock meets Baroque… What is common in these two styles? What is common between the ancient instruments and electric ones, between tenderness and brutality, between the music of palaces and music of stadiums? And when the Rock legends and the Baroque stars meet together, drive and groove join them”.
In Mixto Genere is regularly invited to many festivals, such as the MA Festival in Bruges, Belgium, the Kiev Music Fest in Ukraine, and the Yehiam Renaissance and Abu-Gosh Festivals in Israel.
The ensemble’s repertory covers a wide stylistic range from early to contemporary music, with their own original arrangements. Leading composers in Israel and abroad have created works for performance by the ensemble and its members.
In Mixto Genere performs in both concerts and staged opera productions of works by composers such as Giovanni Pergolesi, Alessandro Scarlatti, Luigi Boccherini, John Gay and many others.